In this article, I discuss what cross-border activities of Americans traveling to Canada to take in order to obtain safe and successful trip to Canada. Just as Canadians travel to the United States, Americans traveling to Canada to have proper identification when crossing the border. To reach Canada, are American citizens now need to demonstrate Canada's border security officials from the following documents:
Card • U.S. passport
• Driver's license
• U.S. passport
In the case of U.S. citizens under 16 years, they are allowed, instead of providing another proof of U.S. citizenship such as a copy of their birth certificate, citizenship card or certificate of naturalization. Different documents may apply for American Indians and persons crossing the border by boat.
low-risk travelers may be granted NEXUS, centrifugation, or FAST trusted traveler program cards that will cross the border with the United States and access is granted only to pre-approved, low-risk travelers. If granted, NEXUS cards can be used on land and sea and airports with NEXUS kiosk. A person should always make sure they have proper identification in order to avoid
Another issue to be aware of the waiting time at the border. Inevitably varies. Monday through Thursday, to wait about 10 minutes on the Canada Customs inspection is standard. From Friday to Sunday and holidays, can take much longer, 20 minutes to an hour at peak times. A person must ensure that your vehicle is ready for inspection by customs officials in Canada.
With regard to customs to enter Canada, belingings personal as clothing, camping and sporting goods, and your vehicle may be duty free for personal use (not used by a Canadian resident). The traveler may be asked to complete a customs declaration card. Back in America, will be imposed on items of personal baggage, but the customs authorities may require a guarantee on items that will be returned upon leaving Canada.
The gifts are valued at less than 60 Canadian dollars can be put into Canada duty free. Gifts of this value fees will be charged in proportion to the amount of value over $ 60. Alcohol and snuff can be imported into Canada, provided the customer is the legal age that applies to smoking or drinking in the province where you can enter the following amounts:
• Wine: 1.5 liters
• Alcoholic beverages: 1.14 liter or
• Beer: 8.5 liters, or 24 x 355ml bottles or cans
• Cigarettes: 200
• Cigars: 50
• 200 grams of manufactured tobacco or 200 tobacco sticks
It is not allowed to make obscene or hateful material or articles that damage the environment. Anyone wishing to make weapons, meat products or dairy products, animals or plants, or import a vehicle should contact the Canadian Border Security Agency and whether what they are carrying legally imported.
Here are several possible reasons for the detention at the border:
• If a person has a criminal record in Spain or a foreign conviction may be excluded from entering the country. Some countries have a criminal record with the Canada Border Services, and in any case a criminal record in Canada is displayed for a background check. If a person has a criminal record in Spain or abroad a criminal record, they can apply for rehabilitation to contact an embassy or consulate for travel. The nature of the criminal conviction in Canada or abroad, and the time that has elapsed since the conviction occurred will be decisive factors in whether a person is allowed to go.
• If a person traveling with children, but parents are not present. Grandparents or guardians traveling with children under 18 must show proof of custody or letters from the child's parents give permission for the child to travel with proof of citizenship of the child.
• The traveler is a permanent resident in the United States, but not a citizen. They must present their green card or alien registration card.
Down Lecic become an expert on the issue of obtaining a pardon in Canada and are interested in a wide range of legal issues.