There are few places in the store shopping in France if you're looking for everyday wear, or fashion items for your home
* Food Market - Every country, no matter how small, to organize a weekly market, which are generally well supported by local residents. Larger areas may also be on the market on a daily basis. In fact, many French, especially in rural areas are often the most weekly shopping on the local market, leaving a supermarket items such as rolls of toilet paper and a bottle of water.
* Other markets - as well as local area food markets more regular flower markets, garage sales and book markets. The equivalent of "trunk" of the British, the empty barn or Marche aux Puces, are also very popular and can usually be found in all weekends.
* Supermarkets - Hyper U, Champion, Leclerc E, Auchan, Carrefour, Geant Casino, Super D, simply, Cora, Intermarché Ecomarché, Leader Price, Monoprix, Aldi and Lidl
* Department stores - Galeries Lafayette
* Sporting goods and apparel - and Sport 2000 Decathlon
* Computer equipment - Boulanger
* Furniture, appliances - Darty, but Conforama, Ikea, Atlas, Euskera and the Fly
* Clothing - Kiabi, the Halle aux Vêtements,
* DIY - Castorama, Leroy Merlin, Brico Depot, Mr. Bricolage, P Weldon Point and Lapeyre
* Garden Centre - Gamm Vert, Botanic
* Office Supplies - Retif, Metro Office Top
France has traditionally had strict limits on when the stores will be opened and closed shops on Sundays without a permit. However, in recent years things have begun to change from 2009 stores can open on Sundays in some tourist areas and cities of Paris, Marseille and Lille. It is still very rare to find open 24 hours which is becoming commonplace in the UK.
general store is open from Monday to Friday from 9:00 to 12:00 and 14 shop hours to 19 hours to allow the lunch break traditional French 2 hours. Some exceptions can be found are:
Boulangeries (bakeries), usually open for about 7 am and banks are often open on Saturday morning.
Supermarkets generally not close for lunch and some of the larger stores are open until 8:00 or even 10:00. Do you sometimes find a supermarket that opens on Sunday morning.
Pharmacies (pharmacies) is usually the same shop opening hours, but in larger cities can also find a "Pharmacie de garde", which will be open on Sundays and evenings. If there are several pharmacies in the area that can be rotated to open a "garde de Pharmacie," shows steady green cross outside the shop.
Most shops accept credit and debit cards with chip and PIN security method, however, in rural areas cash or checks are accepted.
Sales in France
Sales in France are controlled by the French government has set times during the year in which retailers can maintain sales. Winter sales usually begin the first week of January and the summer sales during the last week of June and five weeks. Shops also have another two weeks of sales that can be taken at any time of year.
For more information about shopping in France, please consult the Guide to Guide2Brittany Stores & Markets division ....
Natasha Wright owns editor http://www.guide2brittany.com
Guide2Brittany the English language is an essential guide for the region of Brittany in northwest France. Guide2Brittany property ownership in Britain for the sale, rental properties in Britain, and Breakfast - lodging, camping, hotels, Brittany, Brittany announcements, events and what is Britain, UK regional news and a large data center and Britain and France.
Britain Guide2Brittany property is suitable for the residents, hunters, tourists and all those who love the area Breton!